Monday, January 08, 2007

AMBITION...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

I have recently come to the conclusion that ambition is highly over rated. I, for almost all of my 31 years have had a problem with ambition, that meaning that I have none. Well At least I was happy.

Well figuring that I am getting a little older I decided to try and become more ambitious. So I set out to find a new job. Very big goal for me. Well I was successful. I found a job in the field that I actually went to college for.

See after college I was lost. I mean that by I had no clue what to do and just puttered around from job to job for a while. Then I landed right at a job (my last job) that I was there for 9 years. I like the job and all but It was really just a place that I ended up.

Money was good hours were good. So why leave right?

Well ambition flew up my ass and made me leave a job I was at for so long.

I hate my new job. I forgot how ignorant people really are in the world. Let me explain, my last job I worked in an office most of the time by my self. A bit lonely but I got real used to it.

I actually loved it. No one bothered you, I could wear anything I wanted, no casual Fridays. Etc.

Well the new job it is completely opposite from what I had before. I know, I know change is good. But the new job hours are long and tedious, pay is not as good and they have casual Fridays.

I have always hated casual Fridays I am not really sure why, maybe just the term but I fucking hate it.

Any ways in short I left a job that I loved-liked-despised-sorta for a job I despise.

I get that fact that ambition is good but I should be reigned in. Too much of something is not always a good thing. especially since I had zero ambition for so many years.

I am sure that I could go back to my old job. But I do not want to be a quitter.

See again I try to do something positive for myself and I fuck my self over. I should not be left alone.

ERRRRRRR

ps. sorry for lack of post lately starting a new job sucks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ambition Schmabition. Quit. More money = happiness anyway, right?!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Stay right where you are. But give me the address and phone number of your old employer. I'm sending them a resume.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hmmmm ... this is making me rethink my ambitious decision to apply for a new job. I, too, currently sit in an office by myself, rarely interact with my two coworkers and wear whatever the hell I want.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home