Friday, December 15, 2006

LOST IN TRANSLATION

I have been thinking lately about shit that people talk about. I actually listen to what they say and then wonder where they get off. I mean they are all just like me. Working and doing whatever so what makes them better.

People sometimes try to make themselves out better than they really are. I mean everyone is human no better than anyone else.

For example when you ask someone what they do for a living and they come out with this huge job title for something simple like cashier......that means that they graduated High School, never went to college but they are smart enough to count money and make up fancy words for their job.

Someone that says they are a in computers are probably in data entry of some sort. They did not finish college could not find a job then the bills rolled in.

Someone that says they are in Human resources typically they have a 4 year college degree in either......psychology, art, communications, or English. Not to knock it but. Just a few more years and you could of wasted time and money on a Masters that might of made you VP of human resources.

Hey I am there too....fuck it!

I also can't stand it when these people with their degrees throw it around like it is a license to prove me wrong. I mean hey you may have a 4 year degree in being a douche bag of psychology. but you work for a medical supply company. What the fuck!

I have a 4 year degree. I am not putting down education. I on the other hand do not let everyone I run into that I am a fucking slacker in college. Got my Bachelors degree in finance and did absolutely nothing with it. Do you think I want people to know that.....fuck no.

So I am just content that I wasted 50 grand(all paid off after 8 years) on college. It was the experience that I loved. I could care less that I work for this medical company.

So I want to let everyone out there with you 4 year degree.......congrats, email me I might just send you a stamp to mail in your student loan payment. I know with that Bachelors and working for a telemarketing firm, times might be tough.

whatever!

******update

I read this after I published it can't you tell some person I work with that thinks her shit does not stink pissed me off about being smarter than me. If not you can now. The best part is I proved her wrong. So I am really wondering why this post is so bitter.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hello Betty said...

your post isn't all that bitter... once in a while i'll come up with a long ass name for my job to make me feel better about what i do...but if you read my job description, it should be updated to say "becoming someone's bitch"... because that's essentially where you get to. My new business cards should be coming in soon...IZZY.... title: Bitch

8:16 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Bitter? Nah! You're just telling it like it is. In this era of political correctness, I find that refreshing.

I met someone who referred to himself as an "Executive Media Editor." It turns out he publishes his company's weekly newsletter.

Great post.

By the way, my title:
- "Senior Domestic Engineer."
(I work for elderly services and do cleaning, shopping, etc. for the elderly.)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

College is for suckers. Like me.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Technically, I'm a Legal Secretary/Office Manager....and you're right, I am on a almost three year break from my college of choice....because of this job. But when people ask me what I do, I say Secretary. because that's what I am. Or John's Bitch. Cuz I totally am.

I only "up" my title when people get all high and mighty. I hate those people.

Bitter = Bliss. Embrace it.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

Someone that says they are in Human resources typically they have a 4 year college degree in either......psychology, art, communications, or English.

So funny, so true!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS: Kinda like at home mom's who call themselves a "Self Employed Domestic Engineer".

::cough::bullshit::cough::

12:21 PM  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I always feel like a douchebag when I tell people my real title. It's 15 syllables long. I prefer to say just the department that I work in. But then, I'm into ambiguity, so it works. Congratulations on getting your 4 years in with that finance degree. Someday, it might come in handy. You never know.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home