Wednesday, November 22, 2006

CAN'T YOU ALMOST SMELL THE YAMS....DO YAMS HAVE A SMELL

As most Americans know tomorrow is Thanksgiving. This holiday is one of my favorites. Because only in America do we celebrate a day that revolves around food.

No gifts, no trees, no handing out of candy, no fireworks. Just food.

Aww how sweet, we will all gorge ourselves sit around and watch football.

Plus the family is all around that could be good and that could be bad depends on YOUR family. People seem to like this holiday a lot due to the fact they get a Thursday off from work and usually take the Friday off to get the nice extended weekend.

I went one step past that and took Friday and Monday off for a SUPER long weekend. Freakin sweet!

So remember when you are cooking or eating tomorrow or whatever your role is remember that the can of beets might be the can that mom forgot to put out last year and hopefully she remembered to take the bag of innards out of the cavity of the turkey this year.

Oh and a warning to those yahoos that feel the need to deep fry a turkey 5 feet from the house or a dead pine tree. Do not leave it unattended to go get a beer. Because before you know it you will be call the Fire Department.

So have a nice Thanksgiving and give thanks to all the Native Americans that we stole from and gave disease, because if it was not for them and this day that we celebrate we would have died the first winter.

Happy Thanksgiving

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Thanksgiving but not as much as I love July 4th. I'm all about the bbq. My family is the OTHER type of family that feels the holiday isn't complete without a knockdown drag out public display of retardedness.....

10:54 AM  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Thanksgiving is ridiculous and I hate it. This is possibly because A) I'm a vegetarian or B) Because I'm a super uber big liberal who thinks we should mourn rather than celebrate the genocide of an entire nation (the native Americans) or C) Because I have no interest in football.
The only good thing going for Thanksgiving on my list is the 4-day weekend. That's freakin rad.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I read your post and I have a craving for pumpkin pie.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home