Tuesday, November 21, 2006

RELAX DON'T DO IT

This weekend I was in Long Island for a very good friends of mine wedding. I live up here and she lives down there but we have managed to say great friends for like 10 years.

So this being her 2ND marriage I was psyched to go. I fucking love weddings. Some don't but I do. I love the people all dressed up, I love the open bar, I love the music and because I like the open bar so much I love to dance. Normally I am not a dancer. We go to clubs around here and I never dance. Maybe because it is the music all techno and shit. See at a wedding you dance to a whole bunch of different music. Nothing is really the same so that makes my dance moves unpredictable. No one knows what I am going to do next.......Back to that later.

Well PM and I left Friday morning. We packed up the car and headed down to Long Island. Half way there I realized that I forgot my shoes. I thought for a minute fuck it get a different pair of shoes down there. But I couldn't the shoes matched my dress perfectly so there we were driving back an hour.

So it is safe to say that the weekend trip did not start on the right foot. Fast forward to Saturday. Wedding day. I looked fucking awesome. PM handsome as ever. (he had forgiven me for the detour, I had to "work at it a bit" but it happened) And we were off to the ceremony. Blah blah pretty and beautiful all that shit.

Then we go to the RECEPTION.....peoples only reason really to go to a wedding. Walk in all decorated and shit, little finger food for appetizers, bar open and people milling around. You look around to see where you were seated and hope that it is not the "left over" table. You know the one where no one is related they got the pity invite. I found my table and it was not the "left over table" actually I thought it was the coolest in the room. but that is just me.

So I was chatting having a few cocktails then dinner then my favorite part. The DJ starts. At this point most people are pretty buzzed. So I am fucking ready.

I danced a few times with PM then with some dud I went to college with. Then I had a few more drinks and there was no need for a dance partner. I was tearing up the joint.

My interpretive dance to "Relax Don't Do It" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood will forever go down in history.

I am not a good group dancer you know the ones that have pre determined steps like Electric Slide and shit like that. I want to know when they stopped the chicken dance I loved that shit.

The DJ was OK but I have one question is it customary in any wedding that takes place in Long Island that you have to play 3 or 4 Bill Joel songs. Maybe he has a law down there who knows. But everyone in Long Island knows all the words to every Bill Joel song ever.

So I danced and drank my ass off. Spent some time with some old friends and had a great time.
My leg muscles still hurt some today.

Damn

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just got married two months ago and I had Chicken Dance at my reception.....my neices love it.

No open bar though.

I'm glad you had fun!

11:04 AM  
Blogger S* said...

YES! YES! YES! Everyone from the island loves Billy Joel and knows every word to every song. If you don't, there's something wrong with you. I love Billy Joel.

Do you mind if I link to you? I'm always routing myself here through Izzy (who's one of my stops, but you know what I mean).

1:24 PM  
Blogger DS said...

csr-i always have fun

s-feel free to link me

7:14 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Did they play meatloaf?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home