Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I THOUGHT THAT THE METRIC SYSTEM WAS COMPLICATED



This is a traffic circle. I believe the fuckign stupidest thing ever created. In America anyway.

Well near where I live these are popping up all over. I am all for improvements in infrastructure but fuck these things are complicated. They were really built for people that drive on the other fucking side of the road like many European countries. But in The USA we drive on the right side of the road. So making a structure that favors the drive in the left lane is completely backwards.

Ok they tried to force the metric system on us we were having no part of that. So now they are doing this. It is all well and good but again I will say it we drive on the FUCKING RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Where else in America, besides a traffic circle does the person going left have the right of way. If the person on the right always had the right of way they probably would not call it "right" of way.

Another point is once you are out of this circle you have to go back to old rules where the people on the right side have the go ahead.

I always go back to that scene in European vacation where Clark got caught in the traffic circle because he could not get over. I feel like that every day but instead of "look kids Big Ben, Parliment" I can say "look kids McDonalds, Super 8"

I will just have to live with it I guess but I really do not get why they do this.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have many traffic circles here in Germany...we drive on the right side of the road....people in the US just need to learn how to navigate a traffic circle.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with DS on this. How stupid can road planners get? "Ok, so for 99.9% of the road we're going for the right hand drive thing. Apart from this bit, where it all goes left." That was a 3am decision if ever I heard one.

This being said, if they're small, we have a way of getting around this problem in England. Drive over it.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right side traffic doesn't mean it's hard to drive in circle .... i'm dumb blond girly girl who knows nothing about cars and still manage it!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Sydnie said...

The only thing those things are fun for is to go around and around and around and then all the people waiting to go are like, "Wait, should I go? Are they going to hit me? I'll go...now. No, now. Ahhh!" and then they flip you off and you can just laugh at them. Try it sometime. It's very entertaining.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ed B. said...

Ahhh tax dollars going to work. Good job, DoT!

BTW DS, thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you around more.

1:00 AM  
Blogger DS said...

BIL-ouch I wish I knew how to put a link on

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home