Sunday, April 08, 2007

EASTER SCHMEESTER!!!!

I wonder why when I went to the store yesterday there was not one parking space. Not one grocery cart, not even a little red basket. So as I wander around with my hands full trying to find a check out that does NOT have 40 people in it.

It dawned on me. Oh my god Sunday is Easter! How the fuck do I forget that. So I wondered to myself. What am I going to do for Easter????

Did not make arrangements to go home. No one called me to inquire if I was going home. Does none of my family love me anymore.

Then It dawned on me. I do not have to do anything. I will order some Chinese watch some shitty TV. Just like any other Sunday.

Well I did decide to make my mother happy and I went to church this morning.

All I have to say about that is WOW. I went to the Catholic church in my town no parking. Not even a seat to be found. Where do all these people come from. I go to church sporadically and they are NEVER there on Sunday. All dressed up with there Cadburry egg sugar induced children.

So like an angry woman I left. Thinking I will make the next service at the next church in the next town.

Same fucking story. All I wanted to do is go to church, why was god making it so hard, on, of all days Easter.

So as I drive home a little annoyed I see a sign for Easter Services. So I said why not it is a church.

Well I ended up at the Zion First Baptist Church or some crazy shit like that. There was parking, there was seats. There even was a band.

I have never been to a Baptist church but what could be the difference they all believe in the same thing. Only difference I could see was that I was the only white girl there. But they did not seem to care.

I will say this though ........They know how to ROCK.

It was the most entertaining Easter at church in my life. I was almost moved.

The differences in a Catholic church and a baptist church is not much but the music and the people.

So at least I went to church........

Happy Easter

peace

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaisa said...

and I was just about to ask where have you disappeared (week away is, like, catastrophic) but now I know ... you had plans with God and the gang :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love being Baptist. You're so right, we do rock.

Black Baptists are way better than my poor little white girl baptist self.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

God bless you!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home